Ingredients (serves 4 ppl)
– 1 kg potatoes
– 30 g butter
– 200 g mixed mushrooms (preferably chanterelles and porcini)
– 100 g grated Parmesan
– 1 Rosemary sprig
– salt and pepper
1. Heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
2. Slice the potatoes using a mandolin
3. Butter an oven proof dish
4. Clean the mushrooms, cut them into pieces and panfry them in a dry pan and get rid of any excess liquid. Then add a little of the butter and season with salt and pepper.
5. Cover the bottom of the dish with a layer of the sliced potatoes, put half of the mushrooms and top that off with half of the amount of cheese. Repeat one more time.
6. Put one last layer of potatoes on top, season with salt, pepper and rosemary and place the remaining amount of the butter on top.
7. Put the gratin in the oven and lower the temperature to 175 degrees Celsius and bake for 45 mins.
Goes perfectly with roasted Chicken/Lamb or with a simple green salad as a vegetarian alternative.