This is based on our dear friend Carin’s sublime and oh so easy Chocolate Mousse recipe.
Ingredients (serves 4 ppl)
– 150 g dark chocolate (high quality – at least 70% cacao)
– 4 tbl spoons strong coffee (Espresso)
– 2 egg yolks
– 4 dl heavy cream
1. Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie
2. Pour the egg yolks in the coffee and mix it in with the chocolate.
3. Let the mixture cool down a little
4. Whip up the heavy cream until smooth
5. Carefully turn the cream into the chocolate mixture and put it in the fridge
This can be served either in a big bowl to place in the centre of the table or in small individual cups, one for each guest. This goes well with any fruit or berries. We chose to serve it with our newly harvested peaches.