This recipe is based on an Italian black rice which has a special but delicious taste and will guarantee satisfaction amongst your dinner guests.
Ingredients (serves 4 ppl)
– 400 grams of black whole-grain Rice (can be found in various delicatessens or well-sorted supermarkets)
– 2 dl Prosecco or white wine
– 8 dl chicken or vegetable stock
– 2 Shallots
– Olive oil
– Mushrooms – preferably a mix of different sorts
– Butter – for panfrying the mushrooms
– Approx 2 dl fresh or frozen green peas
– Salt and Pepper
1. Chop the shallots and sweat them in the olive oil. Add all of the rice and continue to panfry for another 5 minutes while stirring. Pour the Prosecco or wine onto the Rice until evaporated, then pour in the chicken or vegetable stock. Let it simmer on low heat until the Rice is cooked al dente (approx. 20 mins).
2. Prepare the mushrooms and cut them into large pieces. Panfry them in a dry frying pan and let the water from the mushrooms evaporate and then add the butter. Continue to panfry on low heat until coloured. Season with Salt and Pepper.
3. Put the Frozen peas into a pot of boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to keep the green colour.
4. Place the mushrooms and the peas on top of the Rice (like in the picture) and sprinkle a bit of Parsley on top of everything. Taste before serving and season if needed.
As a vegetarian option add a bit of Parmesan cheese and serve it as it is with a green salad. Otherwise this goes well with Salmon or Chicken.